I am getting ready to dive into the world of sewing…i.e. pure and utter torture for me. Learn more about why I’m sewing for 20% of my time here.
Thanks to Pinterest, I have enough project ideas to last me the school year. Also, I’m hoping that I have enough tutorials as well. I know that I have many friends and family members that will gladly teach me and there is the Bungalow Quit Shop downtown that also has classes, but I really like to learn thing on my own. Foolish pride for sure.
My mom was awesome and stocked me up with sewing supplies at Christmas time: a new sewing machine, a cart on wheels, tape measures, pin cushions, seam rippers, thread, elastic, scissors, some fabric, and other things. I’ve been pretty excited about the fabric that I’ve been buying as well…you know during that just in case moment that I “might” want to sew. “Might” means I’ve gone insane and think that sewing is going to be fun.
Alright, enough complaining. I’m doing this. Publicly. Which means, I have to continue. As I said before, I’ve been finding lots of cool projects on Pinterest. You can check out my Sewing Projects Board here.
Here’s my project list (may not be in this order though):
- Cloth Napkins
- Kitchen Towels Refurbished
- Infinity Scarves
- Bowl Covers
- Envelope Pillows
- Bread Bags
- Lego Bag (this is one of the most amazing things in the world to me)
- Super Hero Capes (every little boy needs one of these)
- Dinosaur Tails (again, who can resist?)
- Kids Apron (I have big plans to go along with this for Christmas)
- Tree Skirt
- Shower Curtain
- Adult Apron
- Grocery Bag Holder
- Dino Sweatshirt (so cute!)
- Bookcase for Car
- Re-useable snack bag
- Car Storage
- Car Trash Bag (I will guarantee that even with all these cool car sewing projects, it will still look awful in there!)
- PJ pants for kids and adults
- Milk Crate Liners
- Seat Belt Pillow
- Superhero Apron (because every mom of boys needs one or several of these!)
- Pot Holders
- Floor Pillows
- 4 pillow floor bed for boys
- Wine Bottle Case
- Maxi Dress